Effective from: May 2018
Green Shoots Research Ltd values and respects the privacy of everyone who visits greenshootsresearch.com. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What does this Policy cover?
What information we collect from you
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, or by corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise. It includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when you complete the ‘Contact us’ form, sign up to our blog, contact us with regards to a job application, participate in social media functions on our site, and/or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, job title contact information (e.g. email address or telephone number), demographic information such as postcode, your preferences and interests, and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Information we collect about you. With regards to each of your visits to our site and in common with many commercial organisations, we monitor the use of this website by collecting aggregate information. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browser you use, the pages you visit or the Website which directed you to our site. This information is used to help us evaluate the viewing of content and services on this Website. We also collect non-personally identifiable information via various reporting and tracking utilities. We use this information to help enhance the user experience
We also receive information on you from other organisations where you have given consent for those other organisations to share information they hold on you with us, and where other organisations can lawfully share information on you with us, in order to facilitate any market research project that you have opted in to and signed up for.
We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information in part through the use of a web technology called a cookie. A cookie is a small piece of text that is stored on your computer, phone or other mobile device when using a browser to connect to the internet. Cookies have many uses but specifically, they are used to store information about you on your computer. Unless you have specifically set your computer to reject cookies, websites will already have been using cookies to enhance your online experience.
Specifically, we use google analytics cookies which contains a randomly generated ID used to recognise your browser when you read a page. The cookie contains no personal information and is used only for web analytics.
You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site and prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
How we use your information
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, and we will never sell, share or rent your personal data. We collect personal data to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Improving our products and services;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our site, according to your interests;
- Supplying our products and services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting that you have opted in to using the email address which you have provided (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any blog you receive from us or contacting us on [email protected]);
- Market research purposes;
- Analysing your use of our site to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. If you would like to do this, please contact us by email at [email protected]
How long we store your personal data for
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to, in order to use it for the reason(s) it was first collected. If you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us.
Where we store your personal data
Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”, which consists of all EU member states plus Norway, Iceland, and Lichtenstein).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sharing your information
When you have agreed to participate in a market research project, in order for you to participate and benefit from incentives for doing so, we do share your information such as name, contact details with other people or involving other organisations from time to time.
When we share your information, we want you to know that we only do so in accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
As a data subject, under the GDPR you have the right to:
- be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- request a copy of all personal data which we hold about you;
- require inaccurate data which we hold about you to be corrected and rectified;
- require us to erase any personal data we hold about you where:
- the original purpose for which we obtained your personal data has expired;
- you have withdrawn your consent to us holding your personal data;
- you consider us to be unlawfully processing your personal data;
- you object to us processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interests;
- have your personal data transferred from us to another data controller or to us from another data controller; and
- restrict us from processing your personal data whilst any dispute that may arise between us is being resolved.
- Exercise your right to prevent processing of personal data for marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
- Exercise any of your rights, including the right to withdraw your consent, at any time by contacting us.
How can you access your data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us. Please contact us for more details.
Should you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioners Office.
You can contact the ICO via: https://ico.org.uk, Phone on 0303 123 1113 or post to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF